- Screening for Social Needs
WE CARE Project
Evidence-based 10-question survey for screening about the social determinants of health in the outpatient setting.
This document includes questions you can ask patients to determine if your patients could benefit from legal advocacy.
Caring with Compassion
A pocket guide for medical trainees in providing clinical care across the Bio-Psychosocial domains.
Evidence-based screening questions you can use to ask your patients about a variety of specific topics.
Education and How to Screen Patients
Link to Oregon videos of how to use screening tools and interview questions
- Assessment Tools
Typically used for adolescents but expanded here so it can be used for patients of any age
To obtain a psychosocial history, understand the patient in the context of his/her total life situation.
- SIGECAPS assessment for depression
- RADAR assessment for domestic violence
- Screening for victims of human trafficking
- CRAFFT assessment for substance abuse
- CAGE assessment
- ETHNIC assessment for culturally competent clinical practice
- Childhood Hunger screening